I'm Baaaack...

Back from an extended sabaatical once again is your favorite PhilAsifer. It's been six months since I've posted new content on PhilAsify and I can explain, if you'd just let me!

My time away from writing was a mixture of several factors:

1) My job. I've been working longer hours lately to pay the bills and it's been eating away at my free time.

2) Fatherhood. Being a dad is great and all but it's tough when you're a writer because you need peace and quiet and a block of time to get cookin' and that usually isn't going down when there is a toddler amongst needing to be entertained and put to bed.

3) I've just been in a general slump that I had to work on. I wasn't feeling productive. I wasn't managing my time. I felt I was stuck in this hamster wheel and getting nowhere. SO I needed to re-evaluate myself and my goals and start taking steps to get out of that debilliating rut I was in.

I didn't want to come back to churning out new blog posts until my mind was right. The whole point of PhilAsify 101 was to be an outlet for me to express myself creatively through my passion of writing and telling stories and sharing my observations and commentary on today. To take on such a task you have to be in the right frame of mind to do so. I wasn't, so I didn't write.

Also while I was away, I was hard at work on a screenplay. Those who know me well, know it's my dream to write for Hollywood. But that's all it was. Just a dream. Dreams just stay in a persons head and don't translate to real life until you put in work. So that's what I did. 

I buckled down and started to take the necessary steps to make this dream a reality and long story short: I've completed the first draft of my first feature film. It still needs a lot of work but I can at least revel in that accomplishment because it's a big milestone for me.

I actually told myself that I wouldnt return to blogging until I finished the first draft. Now that I have knocked it out, here I am. I'm actually kicking myself because a lot has happened in the world while I was away that I could've given my two cents on. But let's not dwell on that.

I'm back to give you your regular dose of PhilAsify. So stay tuned people because like Marshawn Lynch I'm coming at ya, and coming at ya hard (only to not be given the ball when I need it most to win the big one).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dating In Islam: Why Muslims shouldn't Date and why YOU shouldn't either.

6 Creepy "Muslim" Men All Women should Avoid

The Muslim Guide to Surviving a Zombie Apocalypse