Back with a Bang (And a Book)

Holy criggity crap. Boy, has a lot happened since I last posted here. I took my quarterly laziness hiatus from blogging and when I returned, Donald Trump became president, Dave Chappelle came back to television and Glenn got his head bashed in on The Walking Dead. I'm glad I'm taking a seat.

Things are getting crazy and rather than be in on the action and share my thoughts and opinions and rants like everyone else has been doing, I've been laying low and just focusing on getting accustomed to my new work schedule. However just because PhilAsify hasn't been churning out fresh content doesn't mean I haven't been writing. In fact, soon after the election I went into hyperdrive mode to finish publishing my very timely and relevant first book, Vicegerents: The Divine Responsibility, The Importance of Muslim Civic Engagement and Social ResponsibilityIt's available right now on Amazon so please feel free to check it out (It's only 99 cents). It's a smooth and short read and definitely packs a punch.

Buy It Now on Amazon


I had this on the shelf in limbo for a while since I at first was writing this for a possible publisher but once I stopped hearing from said publisher, I decided that I'd eventually self-publish. With the twists and turns of life, I just put it on the backburner to focus on other pursuits (namely a job to take care of my family). But Trump winning the election and the racist Youtube Commenters that supported Trump becoming emboldened and coming alive out in public to attack and unleash hate on Muslims at an alarming rate made me swiftly get this book published.

To put it bluntly, this book is an educational tool about Islam and Muslims to the average non-Muslim reader while also serving as a kick in the ass of the passive and timid Muslim living in the West, namely in America. It's a wake-up call for Muslims to get it together and be part of the change they want to see in the world. Muslims are under a microscope and we're being grilled from all sides and most of us are the problem because we are not engaged enough in the fabric of society and even our own neighborhoods to be known and change the erroneous perceptions people have of us and of Islam as a faith.

In Vicegerents, I break down the various aspects where we are lacking and rather than just air grievances on where we as an Ummah (community) are falling short, I present practical solutions to those issues. Some topics covered are what a vicegerent is, what our role is in society, voting, local community engagement, how to use media as a tool, and addressing the issues we have at our mosques.

So please give it a read and a review. It'd be much appreciated. It's my first officially published work and I hope it will not be the last.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dating In Islam: Why Muslims shouldn't Date and why YOU shouldn't either.

6 Creepy "Muslim" Men All Women should Avoid

The Muslim Guide to Surviving a Zombie Apocalypse